What is the Youth Cabinet?
The Worcestershire Youth Cabinet is a group of elected young people (aged 11 to 18) who aim to provide all of the young people who live in Worcestershire with a voice – a voice that is heard and listened to by local, regional and national government, by providers of services for young people and by any other agencies who have an interest in the views and needs of young people.
As Cabinet members, they are dedicated to their role and regularly attend meetings and public forums to discuss the concerns and issues of their voters. They also take on additional projects as often as they can to improve the lives of all young people in Worcestershire.
They work alongside the 3 Worcestershire Members of Youth Parliament, who are involved in nation-wide projects to ensure that the voices of Worcestershire’s Young People can be heard at the highest levels of government. They are committed to helping and representing you and your needs.
The aims of the Worcester youth cabinet.
The Worcestershire Youth Cabinet (WYC) is a political organisation that aims to give young people across Worcestershire a voice. It does this by:
- Identifying what young people think about current affairs and what they would like to be done about them.
- Informing young people about the services and groups available for them to join or take part in.
- Helping young people to have a say in decisions that affect them.
- Influencing others to try and listen to young people.
- Promoting positive images of young people and showing how important their contribution is to the community.
- Supporting young people to be happy, healthy, safe and most of all, to have fun!
Who are our representatives for Worcestershire?
■Romana (from our school!)
They go to monthly meetings where they get to decide what the most important points are concerning young people.
Get in touch.
Your first point of contact for council services is the Worcestershire Hub. You can find out more information and contact the Worcestershire Hub in a number of ways:
■Telephone - For general enquiries call Customer Services on 01905 765765 (Monday to Friday 8am - 8pm, Saturday 9am - 5pm).
■In Person, by Email or by Letter - Visit your local Worcestershire Hub Customer Service Centre and speak to one of our friendly Customer Service Advisors. or email email@example.com
■Worcestershire County Council Campus
■Comments and Complaints
By Sarah Jackson and Romana Ali Year 8